If you have a child who is suffering from teething, you must do your part to make sure their smile will shine through for years to come. Teething typically starts when teeth rub against the gum line and break through to become visible to the outside world. It can cause infants and young children anxiety, discomfort, and pain. Helpful treatments can be used to help individuals with the pain.
Focus your child’s oral health care on teething treatments. Save your child’s smile with teething treatments and these important facts:
– Ordinary signs and symptoms that your child is teething including changes in their sleep patterns, excessive drooling, and irregular fussiness or loss of appetite.
– Children generally begin teething when the first tooth erupts, around the age of 6 months.
– To help decrease pain and discomfort in your child, look for ways to help soothe them. Normally, you can use teething rings, a cold spoon, a gauze pad, or your finger if it is clean.
– Teething tablets and medications should only be given under the recommendation of the child’s health care professional.
– Severe ailments may develop when teething, which include diarrhea, high fevers, chills, and sporadic rashes. If any of these symptoms transpire, contact your child’s pediatrician.
No matter the needs you require from your smile, our team at Killeen Children’s Dental Center can help. Dr. Dr. Manshadi, Dr. Van Arsdall, Dr. Roden-Johnson, Dr. Shoptaw, and Dr. Shook and our team can give your child a comprehensive oral examination to determine which teething procedures are best for your child and their oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our pediatric office in Harker Heights, TX, call us at (254) 262-3131. We will be glad to help your child achieve the results you are looking for.